Monday, November 3, 2014

Baked Buffalo Chicken Nuggets

Baked Buffalo Chicken Nuggets
original recipe from skinnytaste.com 
 
 
 
 
I made these last night for Chris and myself.
I literally grew up on Tyson chicken nuggets. I didn't eat much growing up. How dietetics came into my world view is beyond my own imagination. But I'm so glad it did! I can FINALLY find recipes that I know are better than others and tweak them to fit into my picky eating nonsense (although I am getting a little bit better).
 
 
This is the first recipe in a while that I didn't have to tweak at all. I made it just as is and it came out AMAZING. 
 
ALERT: CHRIS ACTUALLY ATE THEM AND SAID THEY WERE GOOD!!
Which means that they were awesome-sauce! He NEVER eats anything I cook cause it's "too healthy."  
 
 
 
Ingredients:

1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp chili powder (use ground cayenne to make it hotter)
1/8 tsp black pepper
6 tbsp whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
1/4 cup panko
olive oil spray (I used my Misto)
2 tbsp Frank's Hot Sauce (or Tabasco if you want it HOT)
2 tsp olive oil
1 lb skinless chicken breast, cut into 40 small bite sized pieces

Instructions:
 
 
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray.

2. Combine garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, black pepper, bread crumbs and panko in a medium bowl and toss well.
 
3. Place the hot sauce in another medium bowl with the oil. Dip the chicken into the hot sauce mix, then into the crumbs and place on the baking sheet.
 
4. Spray the top generously with olive oil spray then bake 8 - 10 minutes.
 
5. Turn over then cook another 4 - 5 minutes or until cooked though!
 
 
 
Nutritional Information:
 
Serving Size: 10 nuggets
Calories: 211
Fat: 6 g
Carb: 11 g
Fiber: 2 g
Protein: 28 g
 
 
 
 
 
 
until next time....


No comments:

Post a Comment