Friday, February 26, 2016

Homemade "Fried" Shrimp Poboy

Here I am again, saying "Wow. It's been a while." Gosh. Life sure has a fun time taking over my days and putting too much on my plate at once.

But you know. I'm absolutely, NOT complaining. I am living. I am healthy. And I am blessed. Therefore, I am ecstatic about life. 

With that being said, I've come across this recipe that absolutely BLEW me away. And not only did I absolutely love it; my husband said it was "pretty good (and for him to say that bout anything I cook, means it's outstanding), and my in-laws couldn't get their hands out of the leftovers I brought them to taste! 

SO. I would absolutely consider that a WINNER!

Healthy, Homemade "Fried" Shrimp Poboy


Now if you're not from the south, and you're not so familiar with a poboy... it's super crispy French bread that crumbles when you take each bite. It absolutely makes the sandwich. so if you dont have that around you, let me know. I'll hook you up ;)

Ingredients:

16 oz jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (weight after peeling 12.5 oz)
4 eggs, beaten
6 tbsp whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
2 tbsp Italian panko bread crumbs
2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
Cooking spray (I used Olive Oil)

** I actually had to use MORE breadcrumbs than the recipe called for to coat my shrimp. But I didn't measure. I just poured in the bowl and went from there. So don't rely on just those 8 TBSP's. **

Instructions

Preheat oven to 450°. 
Line with Aluminum Foil.
Spray a foil with cooking spray.

Put the beaten eggs in a medium size bowl, and the breadcrumbs, panko and parmesan cheese in another.

Wash and dry the shrimp.
 In small amounts dip shrimp in the bowl with the egg beaters to coat.

Put a few pieces of shrimp at a time into the breadcrumb mixture to coat, then on a baking sheet. 

Spray the top of the shrimp generously with baking spray then bake in the middle rack for 10 minutes. 


Turn shrimp over then cook another 3 minutes or until cooked though. 
Remove from oven and serve right away on toasted French Bread.


Original Recipe: Skinnytaste.com

No comments:

Post a Comment