Tuesday, September 15, 2015

21 Day Fix approved Steak Fajitas



We usually don't eat red meat often. Or I should take that back. I don't usually eat red meat often. And by often I mean EVER. I'm not a hamburger person at all. Give me a grilled chicken sandwich or seafood tray any day over steak & hamburgers. But when the husband asks specifically for YOUR steak fajitas, you must suck it up and make the dang fajitas.

And if you want the 100% truth, I made up this dang recipe as I went along! So I have NO idea amounts of anything. That's how I cook without recipes. Which is why you should be thankful I hardly ever do that! Ha!

Ingredients:
1 packet of fresh thin cut chuck (got ours from Walmart)
Taco/Fajita seasoning of choice - I used the low sodium Walmart brand
1/2 yellow bell pepper (sliced thin- julienne style)
1/2 green bell pepper (sliced thin- julienne style)
2 jalapenos (diced)
Low Sodium Soy Sauce
Worchestire sauce
Wheat Tortillas

Directions
1. Diced jalapeno & julienne bell peppers. Put into quart size Ziplock bag.
2. Cut steak pieces into thin-ish strips to make it easier to cook and eat.
3. Put steak pieces into Ziplock bag with peppers & add 1/3 packet seasoning, soy sauce to taste & 10ish drops of Worcestershire sauce. 
4. Let sit in the fridge over night or a minimum of 3 hours. 
5. Cook over a medium-high heat in covered saute pan until steak is fully cooked. Add in 1/3 of the seasoning packet while cooking. Serve on tortilla shell. 



***1 Red container (21 Day Fix) = 2 SMALL burritos!!

No comments:

Post a Comment