Monday, September 7, 2015

Oven Baked Spicy Zucchini Chips


Holy spice. First things first. DO NOT be like me and just "eye ball" your cayenne pepper. This tasted AMAZING, but had a whole lotta kick to them. Let's just say, next time I will be measuring it out like I'm supposed to! HA! 

I brought these over to my In-Laws since Christopher was working nights when I mad these. My father in-law does NOT like cheese, but he sure was diving into these bites even though they have Parmesan cheese in it. So I would definitely call them a HIT! I haven't had a chance to make them for Chris yet, but I'll definitely keep you guys updated on when I do!

Ingredients
1 large zucchini, cut into 1/8' slices
1/3 cup whole grain breadcrumbs, Italian
1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, reduced fat
1/4 tsp black pepper
Salt to taste
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
3 tbsp low fat milk (I used almond milk)

Directions
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2) Combine in a small mixing bowl breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
3) Dip zucchini into milk and press into breadcrumbs to ensure they stick to the zucchini.
4) Arrange zucchini on a non-stick cookie sheet and lightly mist with a non-stick cooking spray. 
5) Bake for 10-15 minutes. Allow to cool to room temperature before storing in an airtight container. Chips will get crispier while cooling.

Nutritional Information
Yields 4 servings
99 calories per serving
3 g fat
12 g carbohydrates
6 g protein
original recipe on www.yummy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment