Friday, September 18, 2015

Southwest Sweet Potato & Chicken Quesadilla



This is a recipe I will be making again. It is amazing, but I had to break up the cooking process so my sweet potato suffered! I was in the process of cooking my sweet potato in the oven, until my hubby came home and said "I want sushi." And that is NOT something I can say no to. Nope. Not happening.  

So I had to take the sweet potato out and of course it wasn't cooked all the way. Lol! 

But even with half cooked sweet potatoes, this recipe was still the bomb.com! 

Ingredients
1 large sweet potato
1/2 cup corn (unsweetened, no added salt)
1/2 cup black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 4 oz chopped green chilies
5 pieces chicken breast cooked and diced
3 TBSP Taco Bell Fire Sauce (optional)
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp salt 
1 cup cheddar cheese (fat free)
4 whole wheat grain

Directions
1. Cook sweet potato in oven. Wrap sweet potato in aluminum foil & bake 40-45 minutes in 375 degree, or until tender.
2. While sweet potato is cooking, in a mixing bowl, mix together all other ingredients except cheese and tortillas.
3. When sweet potato is done cooking, skin sweet potato & diced up. 
4. Take diced sweet potato pieces & mash them! Add mashed sweet potato into dry mixture. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
5. When eating, put 1/2 RED container one 1 small tortilla & 1/2 BLUE of cheese

*** Can dip in salsa to give more of a kick! <3


original recipe from dashingdish.com

No comments:

Post a Comment